Poptastic Confessions

Poptastic Confessions

Monday, December 26, 2011

Bonus: #21 of 2011

Even though the countdown is only 20 songs, I usually include an extra song that didn't make my Top 20, so it is really a Top 21 list! 

#20 in my favourite songs of 2011 is "Starlight" by Sophie Ellis-Bextor. 






This is a bit more downtempo than her songs in my Top 20 list of 2010. It was one of those songs that grew on you. This was the final single from her album Make A Scene, which took far too long to be released. The video was filmed by Sophie's father. I think it is rather lovely.





Sadly, the song didn't chart anywhere. But I thought it was a nice song, with great production. It deserved better.


Sophie's latest album isn't on US iTunes, but it is available on mp3va.com with a prepaid account.


See our Top Songs of 2010 



No comments:

Post a Comment